Thursday, September 15, 2005

Why I love Aaron White

Why I love Aaron White (and people like him). A nine-sentence essay by John McAlister

I like Aaron White because he has deep thoughts. Really deep thoughts. But the reason I LOOOVE him, is that he spends almost every available moment helping those hard to love (crack addicts, criminals, prostitutes).

There are many others I know who have deep thoughts. But they seem to feel that they should spend their lives cuddling up with their deep thoughts rather than hugging someone who’s lonely.

I wish more people were like my friend Aaron. Then, they could take all of their super special ideas about God and the Church and dedicate their lives to loving God and serving their neighbours instead of just talking about it. That would be really, really cool.

Get off your butt and do something!!!

This message brought to you by the Friends of Aaron White, a non-profit organization. Donations always welcome.

3 comments:

kathryn said...

my whole family loves Aaron White and Cherie White and their children. We miss them terribly. They were with us for too short a time. .

Anonymous said...

You make it sound as if I were dead Kathy!

I love everyone too.

kathryn said...

wow! you're alive!!!?? LOL!!! Its so nice to hear from you. I guess if someone didn't know the circumstances they would totally think that!!! Totally unintended.
So, to clarify - Aaron and Cherie were only at my former corps for 5 months when they had to leave -- but then Orangeville was blessed to have them there before a couple of years give or take before the Whites moved to B.C. (For those of you who wonder what i was talking about!)

xo