Friday, September 02, 2005

A week with John

It's been an interesting week. I launched boundlessmagazine.com - a new online resource for young people that features a daily blog site, a monthly magazine and a biweekly podcast (please check it out); hired a talented, young editor - Ashley Elliott - to replace me (she's going to be great); and started my last month of work (my final day is September 30).

We moved out of our apartment last weekend and put all of our stuff into storage. We're currently house-sitting for Geoff and Sandra Ryan while they're in Australia, so that's our home base for September. In October, we go on two weeks of holiday, which we will spend with both sets of parents. Then, in mid-October, we go on a two-week mission prep course to help us adjust to life in a new culture. Hopefully, after completing the course, we will be heading off to Zimbabwe. We're still waiting for our working permits, but feel confident that they will be approved. But it would be great if you could pray over that process.

Rochelle is up at Jackson's Point spending time with her family at the Territorial School for Music and Gospel Arts. It will be good to have her home on Saturday. We've been so busy lately that we haven't spent much time together. Tonight's mission: planning a romantic date for next week.

My friend *Kieran is beating me at an extended game of Risk. But don't worry, when we resume our battle tomorrow morning, I'm confident that I will become conqueror of the world. Isn't mentoring fun? I'll make sure to throw in a prayer or two between battles...

No comments: