Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The Notebook

I saw "The Notebook" for the third time last night - and, again, I bawled my eyes out. True love!!!! It is such a romantic film.
I wonder if I can still be a feminist if I like "The Notebook" so much...
 
John and I have seen two other films recently - "Crash" and "The Constant Gardener." Both of these movies made me furious. True, I'm not usually the "furious" type, but who could not feel angry about the prevalence and truths of racism and oppression? They're both excellent movies - highly recommended. But they might make you mad. Well, I hope they make you mad...
 
But then if you're too mad, you can always watch "The Notebook" again to brighten your spirits! ;)

3 comments:

Leslie said...

loved the notebook, reading it and then watching it. The effort someone would go through to make someone fall in love with them every day.....powerful. It kind of reminded me of 50 first dates in a weird sort of way.

As for crash, made me totally angry and sad.

Glad i watched both of these alone.

Anonymous said...

You're making me want to rent it again! It was so sad though and kind of hard to watch as I thought about my own mom. I guess I better see Crash. A. Cathie

mee-shell said...

Rochelle,

The notebook was totally a tear jerker... ahhh its actually my fave movie - had to buy it! :) Hope you and John are doing well... love reading your guys' blog.

Bless You!
Michelle