Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Vacuuming

When I was a kid, I was sort of fascinated by my Dad's chores. My mom did almost everything around the house, but my dad mowed the lawn and did the vacuuming. I guess I saw these as sort of elite chores, thus the intrigue.
 
Well, we're staying at the Ryans' and their water heater started leaking Sunday night. We discovered this at 3am, when the basement was flooded. Because of some sort of "efficient" system, it will only be looked at this afternoon. So, I bought a wet-vac yesterday morning, and I've been vacuuming up water from all the carpets - over and over again.
 
I'm afraid to report that the whole fascination/novelty of vacuuming has worn off.
 
Only 4 days until we move in with my parents! I can't believe it... time is flying. Please pray for John - this is his last week of work, and I have this horrible habit of stressing him out.

1 comment:

Heather Princess said...

I agree with Erin! You are so amazing and always full of so much joy!

I too am praying for you and John!