Monday, September 12, 2005

My sister



My sister Kirsten just moved out to Vancouver to be a student at the War College for the year. Yep - strange name, but it's a Salvation Army training school for people to live with the marginalized in the worst part of Vancouver (the downtown eastside) and to basically share life with them. I'm sure she will have many adventures, and you can read all about them through her blog.

I love my sister very much. She is very bright, very fun and full of passion for God. I admire her confidence, her sociability, her discipline and her desire to go deeper. We don't look a thing alike, but we have a similar heart for God and for others.

It sucked to say goodbye to Kirsten (I miss her already!), but the thing is that we're sisters and we'll always be close no matter how many kilometres or continents separate us. I am the oldest of four kids, and feel very blessed to be so close to my siblings. It's nice to know that you have people who will just always be there for you.

Kirst - I'm proud of you, and I love you so much! I have been praying for you lots.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rochelle: You and Kirsten do share something incredibly special. I never had a sister growing up and wish I had. I love you both so much! A. Cathie

The @ said...

ahh 2 of my fav women from Canada

Wishing you both very well for your adventures

Will be always praying for you to

Blessings ;) m@

KiR said...

Today was my first time on the internet since arriving. What a nice thing to read!
I love you too Rochelle. I'm praying for you too (not on the eucalyptus though, haha).
In Him,