Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My Zimbabwean father

I am asking people around the world to pray for Captain Christopher Pamacheche. He is my Zimbabwean father, and he has liver cancer. He started his medication today, but he is relying on friends far and near to pray for him and his family. His wife is a beautiful, faithful, intelligent woman full of grace. She is a rock. They also have amazing kids - from a daughter who is pregnant, to a son in the USA and another who just took his SATs, to 2 adopted daughters, to their youngest daughter. Every time I go to the Pamacheches' house I cry, because it is difficult to see someone you love in pain. But I also pray every time. And I am asking those of you who pray to join with me and pray for Capt. Pamacheche.

Captain Pamacheche is a wonderful man. He is the Education Secretary for The Salvation Army here. He is continually optimistic, sincere, funny, wise, gentle and kind. And he is my Zimbabwean father. He addresses me as mwanangu, and once in a public meeting, I was there with his youngest daughter, and he introduced us both as his daughters - not in a joking manner. He is the one who gave me my totem (tsoko-murehwa or monkey-baboon), and your totem is your family and your identity in Zimbabwe. Thank you for the prayers for my dad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be assured of my thoughts and prayers,

Blessings,
Marnie

Anonymous said...

Praying for your father and the family for comfort and healing

Anonymous said...

We are praying for healing and comfort for the family.

Blessings,
Ezekiel