Thursday, August 09, 2007

We've got mail!

It's a good day at the office when someone delivers a little slip to either me or John saying that we have a parcel waiting at the post office. Yesterday we got TWO packages in the mail. One was a Valentine's package with some kraft dinner, chocolates, and those heart candies with the messages that are a bit like fortune cookies (my first one was "fat cat" - how romantic!) It took awhile to get here, but this is definitely a case of better late than never - shout out to Jeff and Whitney for thinking of us! We also got a package from Kathy (sent mid-July - the postal system seems a bit erratic!) - who also sent an extravagant package of Kraft Dinner (God is good) and chocolate and books and CDs, and some medication for Alice, and hot chocolate, and photos. It was like celebrating Christmas and Valentines' all in the same day!

Another very exciting thing that I got in the mail recently was a silver star from Anita. It's a Salvation Army thing. When someone becomes a Salvation Army officer (pastor), they give silver stars to their parents. But recently they made a change saying that people could also give their silver star to spiritual parents if they want. Anita (one of my closest friends, and my accountability partner - I love her) gave me one of hers. Man, was I honoured! I wear it proudly on my uniform, and so far no one has asked about any children I might be hiding...

1 comment:

Gordon said...

it's been a while since I left a message - so just to say hi and I'm thinking of you guys