Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A prayer

The other day I was visiting a friend, and she asked me if we could share a prayer. I was really blessed by her words: "God, thank you for this day. God, you know I am sick and I don't know how to make myself better because there are no medications in the chemists. So I know that you need to heal me, and I am waiting for you. God, I pray for those I love - that you would make sure that they don't die of hunger or in an accident. You know I'm trying to take care of my family the best that I can, but it's difficult because there is no food in the shops. We need a miracle from you, God. I pray for Zimbabwe. Our country is going through so many challenges. God, speak to the leaders, and change their hearts. We know that they can make things better if they only get help from you and stop trying to help themselves. God, I know that you are going to set things right. I feel weak, but I know you are very strong. Take care of us, God."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"So I know that you need to heal me". I remember many situations like this when I was in Bulgaria - especially in the gypsy villages. People crying out to God - depending and hoping in Him because He was their only hope. That was a huge lesson for me. My prayers are with that woman today.