Thursday, August 30, 2007

Sinead O'Connor look-alike

Tomorrow is my first big function as HIV/AIDS coordinator. I'm going to do an official handover of some ARVs to a hospital in Karoi. There are going to be a lot of important dignitaries there, and I have to give a speech. So I thought I'd better get a haircut today. I had a meeting all morning, so I was running late, and didn't think I'd have time to go all the way into town to my regular hairdresser's. John recommended a hair salon up the street. I guess my first worry was when I sat down and there wasn't a pair of scissors in sight. Then he started with a razor, and kept going shorter and shorter and shorter. I know he was enjoying it, and kept saying, "you like it right? I'm doing a good job, right?" I don't think he gets too many white customers. Let me just say that John and I look like identical twins now! I'm so embarrassed. When I asked the guy if he didn't think I looked like a man, his response was, "well, you're still young" and then he proceeded to whack me in the face with a towel to try to remove all of my precious locks that were stuck to my clothing. I saw the TC in the parking lot and his response was, "well, John is going to get a shock!" He did, and advised that I wear lipstick for the next couple of weeks. At least I'll be in a skirt tomorrow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, are you going to post a picture?!
Carie x