Friday, July 20, 2007

Thanks Mom

So, my mom's a tad worried about us these days - what with Zim in the news all the time. So, she's been praying, and we're thankful. I asked her to pray for our electricity, and we've had more power in the last 2 days than we've had in weeks - 2 full evenings in a row! Last night we had 3 families over for dinner. It was a full house, and we feasted on John's famous cooking, and the whole thing was made MUCH easier because of power. Have I mentioned that I love sharing food with people? There's something holy about it (especially when you know it's truly only by grace that you have that much food!) My mom also sent us $200 so that we can fly to Lusaka tomorrow and buy some groceries (AirZim had to slash all their prices too - because of government controls). It seems pretty crazy to fly to another country for one night, but if it means you can stock up on some basics... So, thanks, Mom!

1 comment:

Mark said...

Flying out of the country to get your groceries certainly is a tad on the wild side ... what happened to the Statutory Instrument on Control of Goods that you blogged about yesterday?

I to have enjoyed reading your blog. It certainly reminds me of my trip to Zambia (as brief as the 3 weeks was). That reminds me, please send my greetings to Dominique. He and his wife traveled to Chikankata to be apart of the ZIM Team in 2004. We certainly enjoyed their company!