Monday, July 23, 2007

Score!

So, our plan to beat the "no importing foods" statute before its implementation on August 1 worked. Saturday we flew to Lusaka and found some nice goodies - flour, rice, pasta, sugar, jam, dried fruit, the new Harry Potter book, etc. (John was ecstatic!) We also took advantage of the whole "being in a country with food" thing by going out for lunch and supper (seafood then Italian - yum!) and we also saw two movies - Harry Potter and Die Hard 4. I actually liked Die Hard 4 more than I thought I would. I admire people who are courageous without thinking about it first. We flew home yesterday afternoon. Over the weekend we marveled again on the fact that we live such a bizarre life. On the one hand, we make less than $5/month (combined salary) but on the other hand we live the life of the rich and famous - flying into another capital just for dinner and a movie (OK, and buying some basic food necessities...)

Happy Birthday to my brother Joel - who is living his dreams. He's been directing opera in Italy... my little brother! I'm so proud. May many more dreams come true... We love you, Joel! xo

No comments: