Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Prayer Requests

Recently, one of the Salvation Army majors here was in a car accident. He was driving along, and a young boy dashed out in front of his vehicle. He was hit, and died as soon as he reached the hospital. My friend was telling me that as soon as he was hit, this little 8 year old started praying, and that the last words from his mouth were "Lord, if I am going to die, I just pray that you would take me into your hands." Please pray for this boy's family - who are obviously devastated - and also for the major - who is quite traumatized. I was really blessed by the faith of this boy. I am so thankful that faith gives many people a peace as they are passing through this life to the next.

Please also pray for Lt. Col. Mhasvi. He works with us, and is a kind, humble man. He has been in the hospital for a week; seriously ill. He is waiting for surgery, but both surgeons are out of the country until Tuesday night. (It's so ridiculous to me that there are only 2 surgeons and that they're both away, but anyway...) His surgery is scheduled for Wednesday, and his daughter's wedding is on Saturday. Please pray for him and the family.

No comments: