Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Home League and Heroes' Day

I gave the devotional at THQ Home League today ("Take a Break.") I never thought I'd join home league (a Salvation Army group for mostly "older" ladies), but now I'm part of 2. I joined the one at my church by accident. A few weeks ago when church ended they made announcements (in Shona), and then a bunch of people left, but the 2 ladies seated next to me stayed. So I thought I'd better stay. A few minutes in I asked someone what was going on. "This is home league - and we're so happy you've joined us." They were disappointed that I wasn't up for joining the sewing contest. I just didn't think my contribution would bring our group much glory!

We celebrated Heroes' Day and Defense Forces Day on Monday and Tuesday. I think there might have been a typo in the state newspaper,"The Herald." The ad for Heroes' Day said, "Let's all remember that we are what we are because of the sacrifice and selfishness of these sons and daughters of Zimbabwe." Oh, Zimbabwe!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Ha ha...great post, Rochelle! I never knew you could accidentally join Home League! Next, you should accidentally join men's Bible study!

I think you should join the sewing contest! You only live once! Oh, and hold out for the cooking contest too! I'll bet you make the meanest peanut butter sandwich of the group!

You always bring a little joy to my day!

Love from Canada...

XO
Christina