Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Isn't it Ironic?

Today we drove past the Ministry of Construction building. Someone was explaining to us that they've been working on the building for 7 years now, and they've estimated that it will be another 5 years before the building is completed.

Part of my job is administering financial aptitude tests for people who are interested in taking finance courses. The tests are kept in a binder labelled (by my predecessor) "Uptitude Tests."

And yesterday I saw a guy wearing a T-shirt saying "Will Shag for Food." I'm sure it's somewhat funny in the UK, but once it gets sent to Zimbabwe as a hand-me-down, it seems more eerie. In this country some women do have sex, just to provide food for their children. And some men rape women as they are stealing their food.

Isn't it ironic? (I feel an Alanis Morrissette song coming on...)

No comments: