Sunday, August 20, 2006

First Bath & New Money

Oh, John - what a guy! I'm so in love with John! He always lets me have the first bath. We have to share bath water, but he always lets me have the hottest, cleanest water. Isn't that sweet? What a catch!

Tomorrow's the last day we can use the old "currency" (bearers' cheques). We got the new currency (with the 3 slashed zeros) a few weeks ago, and so we've had this mix of currency and prices, which has really confused people. And after tomorrow, the old stuff won't be worth anything. I worry for people who have been out of the country, or those in rural areas who may not have heard the news, or people who aren't near any banks, or people who are hopefully holding on to cash so that they might have some savings for their future. I know that one of our older neighbours still has coins from the currency before this last one - hoping that they'll make a comeback. She looked so sad when I told her it wasn't worth anything. What a fascinating place to learn about economics!

No comments: