Wednesday, March 19, 2008

3 matters arising

3 matters arising (pardon me, I'm on too many boards at THQ...)

1. We're going away! This afternoon we're flying to Cape Town, South Africa. We're staying with our good friends Merrilou and Gerrard for the Easter holiday. Saturday we're running the Two Oceans marathon (with John doing the ultra - 56km and me doing the half - 21km). You can pray for us - this is my first race as an adult... Then Sunday night we visit our good friends Stacey and Buhle in Joburg and Monday we fly to Namibia. We're spending a week's holiday in Windhoek and Swakopmund. We have a night in Joburg on the way back and then we'll be back in Harare on the 30th - the day after elections. So, if you don't hear from us - know that we're having fun!

2. New photos are up on our flickr site if you want to check them out.

3. HAPPY EASTER! Easter is always really special for me. There's the long lenten period of reflection, sacrifice, denial, meditation. The agonizing Good Friday where I always admit with guilt that I probably would have been a betrayer/denier of Jesus, and feel so humbled and thankful that Jesus - my hero and the one I serve and want to be like - died to forgive me. And then glorious Easter Sunday morning where we celebrate the fact that Jesus was victorious over the grave and is still alive today. It's an awesome holiday. In post-modern Canada it's highly unfashionable to speak about Jesus, but you have to admit there's something quite amazing about the Easter story and the freedom it brings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you love Namibia as much as I do - the desert is so beautiful. Enjoy your break! Carie x