Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Good News

My Nana's out of the hospital, which is a huge relief. We have a very close relationship, so it was good to be in touch again. And Gogo's back. I was so surprised. I didn't think she was going to come back from Australia, but she's got a quirky personality, so I think her daughter probably found her a bit overwhelming. I was happy to see her again, and she's the same as ever. She asked me who had hit me, and I answered no one. Then she asked why it looked like I had a broken nose. I wasn't sure how to turn that into a compliment... :) At another point in our conversation she hurriedly opened her housecoat and flashed me. Her daughter had bought her a new bra, and she wanted to show it off.

Congratulations to Tsahai and Peter and Tafadzwa and David (who just had babies!) and to my good friend Nedim, who became a Canadian cititzen yesterday.

Oh, and we got a 100% raise this month. Hallelujah! It's good news, because the Saturday we returned from SA, we spent 2 months' salary on: tomatoes, potatoes, onions and green peppers. Bring out the big spenders!

No comments: