Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Some answers

Happy Earth Day! They say it's the one thing that might unite all human beings - the fact that we all share this planet.

Thanks for all the congratulatory messages! To answer a few of your questions... yes, I'm being serious about pregnant (don't tell me I have a reputation for lying/exaggerating/playing make believe!) Yes, we're planning on having this baby in Zimbabwe, but the country's future is so uncertain that we can't say anything for sure. Yes, I'm feeling ok - although I've gone from athlete to couch potato quite quickly! Yes, I will be home soon enough for the baby to get a good West Indian upbringing (thanks for the concern Rhonda!) Cravings? Well, I'm craving Kraft Dinner like crazy. I can't necessarily blame that on the baby, but if any well-wishers want to send fake food to Zim, just let me know and I can give you our address. :) I had been craving a Licks burger, and my wonderful husband took me to get a burger at Spur today. Unlike last time we went there, they actually had beef, which was beautiful. We got two with fries and drinks for less than a billion bucks - what a steal!

6 comments:

jsi said...

Earth Day is a unifying concept - we all share this amazing planet.

Heather said...

Jono and I were so excited to read about your news...when I read it, I couldn't help but think of your little bunnies and how you said it was a test for how good you'd be at parenthood! I guess you passed!
No doubt, your little one will grow up with a heart for Africa (which, will be his/her "homeland") just like his/her mother.
A baby is an inspiring message of hope and life and I pray that he/she will grow in God as a bringer of these to the world around him/her.
Kraft Dinner isn't something we can get in New Zealand, but they have GREAT chocolate here (and, no doubt, you will have some cravings for that!) so, send us your addy, and we'll send you some good stuff ;)

Love, Heather and Jono

Heather Princess said...

Rochelle,

I join with Keeler on the no KD thing...Australia doesn't have it either. I was just talking with someone the other day about what a shame that there is no Kraft Dinner in Aus. I miss you like crazy!

You will be the most amazing mom! I'm so excited for a wee little John/Rochelle! What a blessing!

Let me know if you want me to send you anything from Australia! I'm good for some Tim-Tams (Delicious chocolate cookies!) or anything really!

HP

Mr. Cherry said...

YAY! Congratulations! You and my wife are due the same month, crazy! She is having a terrilbe 1st trimester, but she will be done soon. I hope all is and goes well with you three. God Bless!

brenda said...

Dear Rochelle and John,
Congratulations!:) We were so excited to hear your great news. We know that you will be blessed with this new bundle of joy.
Love, Paul, Brenda, Isaac and Levi

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Rochelle and John. Wonderful news. I bet all your parents are excited.

I've noticed that some Licks Restaurants have closed up near us. I loved their decor more than their food!

Blessings to you.
Fronie