Monday, April 21, 2008

BIG NEWS!

No, it's not that we have $50million notes now (although that's true). No, it's not that it's my mother-in-law's birthday (although that's true, and we're happy for her). No, it's not that we had electricity ALL weekend (although that's true), nor that we had beef and chicken at a Salvation Army event yesterday (also true).

Our big news is that WE'RE PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're going to have a little Zimbabwean baby in November! It's exciting and terrifying all at the same time and a true miracle. We've already seen the little one on an ultrasound and of course I burst out crying when I saw the little heartbeat. What an amazing thing to have a little, growing LIFE inside of you! God is good. Generally I'm tired and queasy most of the time, but feeling healthy too. John is very excited (especially about the fact that his child has already run a half marathon!) and is researching every little thing about what to do and what not to do (although I have to admit that the recommended diets are quite laughable from our standpoint of food shortages in Zimbabwe!) We bought lots of powdered milk in South Africa, and I'm on multivitamins so I'm sure all will be well - but you can continue to pray for our health and safety!

Cool, eh? We're going to be parents!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing news, I'm so pleased for you!!

Ezekiel Chitereka said...

Congratulations. That's wonderful!

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both! you will be amazing parents - a mini John/Rochelle - very cool

Anonymous said...

That is crazy (in a good way)!!! Congratulations!

Gordon said...

great news!

Reverend Joyleaf said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations.... Surely that is good news. I'm happy for you.

KangaRoo said...

Yay! Congratulations ~ I'm so excited for the three of you! =P

Unknown said...

Congratulations, John and Rochelle! David and I are so excited for you and your baby.

jsi said...

Congratulations - you have magnificent news!
God is involving you in His most precious activity - creation - and it is a blessing deep and wide.
Embrace and enjoy each expereince with your pregnancy, there is no other experience that can be compared to it.

Unknown said...

Saw your parents this weekend and they told me your baby news. Congratulations! Keep well. Are you serious about the Kraft Dinner? I'd be happy to send you some.