Saturday, September 02, 2006

Rumbi's Wedding

I spent the day at Rumbi & Mitchell's wedding. I wish I had a photo, but John has our camera at youth councils. Rumbidzai (which means praise) looked SO beautiful! And she was so happy. I had heard that she was so sad all week, about her dad not being able to be there (because he's still recovering in hospital). But she was radiant. Since we moved to Zim, Rumbi has blessed me. She is a dynamic young woman, full of life and faith. She leads a lot of the praise & worship at our church, and loves to pray. The wedding was a lot like church, actually. The ceremony was 4 hours long, and included a long sermon (by the T.C.), an appeal with lots of people going forward to kneel and pray, many special music items (and Rumbi joined in with the timbrellists!), lots of prayer and speeches. After the ceremony, we went to the reception. And the food was amazing - which was quite a feat considering there were about 1000 guests! I got many compliments on my "African attire" and a few people asked when I would be getting married. See, a lot of people think that John and I are brother and sister because we look "exactly alike." When I tell people we're married, they still want to know if we're related. Because there's a ceremony that can be done with a white chicken... I must admit, I love weddings because they remind me of my own. I LOVED our wedding, and I love being married to John. He's such a good catch! I'm so thankful that he's not my brother... :)

No comments: