Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Amazing Grace

I went up to the Finance Department, and a friend was joking about how she was feeling down today, and so thought about coming to my office to have me sing to her. I told her she was welcome to come anytime. She just popped in, and chose the song, "Amazing Grace." I sang it for her, and she burst out crying, saying "You have no idea how much that meant to me." That's grace - it's unexpected and undeserved, and it means SO much. I pray grace on that friend. I pray grace on my friend Grace back home (who I've been, ironically, really missing today). I pray grace on the many women in Zimbabwe and elsewhere who have lost children and are grieving. And I pray grace for the many people who have been told that they are under a curse, or that they're being used as instruments of the devil or evil spirits. I love grace, and I love that it can free people from judgment and condemnation. Amazing grace on you today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise the LORD for His rich grace.
I love you Rochelle. Miss your smile and your songs that brighten my heart.
You are an inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Amazing grace on you too Rochelle. Love, A.Cathie