Tuesday, May 13, 2008

November 13 - here we come

We just had our second appointment with the gynocologist. We had another ultrasound, and our baby is now 8cms. S/he was moving around, turned to look at us and even gave us a thumbs up. What a miracle and a joy! It was awesome. Of course this is Zim, so we didn't get a fancy printout, but we have the images in our minds. The doctor is very impressed with my fitness, which is another miracle, since my exercise has been reduced to lunchtime and weekend walks! God is good. There are still pregnancy challenges - like stomaching certain foods/insulting John's cooking, tiredness, worry that something will go wrong... but seeing our little baby on the screen like that... it makes it all worth it! There's a living, growing, beautiful life inside of me - and not just any life - our child!! OK, so I'm excited! November 13 - here we come. We are daily committing this little life (including health and safety) into the hands of God. Thanks for those who are also already praying for her/him.

P.S. You know when you have a pimple on your face (yes, I'm still treated with these at the age of 30) and it looks huge to you, but you just hope that it can be ignored? No luck here. Zimbabweans are so brutally honest. One lady simply said, "you have a pimple on your face" and another said, "you are looking very ugly these days - your whole face is covered in pimples! I hope it's a phase..." Oh well, nothing can beat my spirits today!

7 comments:

Max Vincent said...

I totally get your 'abrupt comment' thing. I was told one time that I was getting very fat, I was about 165 lbs. Not exactly obese.

Renee said...

Congrads on the baby news, I haven't forgot about that package. I've been busy and had a week vacation,but I'm getting there. When I was pregnant for my oldest daughter I had a lot of pimple issues. Never had them as a teen either and you won't like this news but I'm 31 and still battling with them..So Good Luck..

Anonymous said...

Maybe I'm being empathetic because I woke up 2 mornings ago with about 4 zits on my chin....46.....will it never end?
Please give my new nephew(niece)a little tap for me and sing it a song tonight from me!!

Anonymous said...

oops - forgot I was anonymous - but hopefully you figured out who it was.....cathie

Anonymous said...

It was the same in SA - Erica and Makubutu took great delight in telling me how big my behind was getting!!

divad said...

Here in Bangladesh, the comment is, "You are looking very healthy", indicating a weight gain! Those pimples are a wonderful indication that your hormones are doing what they are supposed to be doing.

Anonymous said...

HI, I am Billie-Marie's Aunt, I have been reading you blog but have never commented...to go to Africa someday is definately a dream of mine, I have enjoyed your pictures and am excited to hear about your darling baby...just let me know what I can send (cscale@rogers.com) to make life easier or just to help with a craving, I wish you all the best
Collette