Thursday, March 08, 2007

Obvious

I like the name: Obvious. The other night we went for pizza and this is what our waiter said, "hello, I will be your waiter for the evening, so if you need anything, my name is Obvious!" Love it! I did wonder if he used to get in trouble a lot. (Imagine a teacher asking, "what's your name?" "It's obvious" "Don't be cheeky!") :)

I am thankful for: hot water. After a week of bucket bathing, we got our hot water fixed, and I had a nice, long hot bath this morning. It was divine!

I am proud of: my brother Joel - he's going to be directing operas in Edmonton, Montreal and Italy this summer. He's living out his dream, and I am so proud of him!

I found it interesting: to read about that Turkish politician who got sentenced to jail for calling Kurdish rebel leader Abdullah Ocalan "Mr." (by showing respect, he was showing support??) I also found a conversation we had with a stranger yesterday interesting. He said, "I just want you to know that I"m available." John asked, "available for what?" and he said, "available to care for you." He was a bit high, so we didn't take him up on his offer immediately...

No comments: