Sunday, October 15, 2006

That's a weekend

Yesterday I went on a youth group trip to Criston Park. It was a beautiful, hilly area. We went to the house of a lady at the church who has just started raising chickens. So, we saw chickens laying eggs, and then the baby chicks, and then the thousands of live chickens, and then we had a big braai (BBQ) - chicken! It was kind of strange to see the whole life cycle, but what can you do? Chicken feet and heads are popular to eat here. I'm not a big meat eater (sort of like my sister the vegetarian who eats meat - sorry, inside joke), so yeah, I couldn't do the chicken head.

Today was "building Sunday" at our church. We're trying to build a new hall, and today we were focussing on the gables. Man, sometimes I feel like they talk more about money than God at our church. But, we shouldn't judge. Times are tough.

We got to talk to Johnny last night. He's John's little brother from Regent Park. Man, we miss Johnny. We used to spend every Saturday with him, and we had so much fun. He was saying that he's getting good grades in French. That's our boy! Did I tell you I ran into the French ambassador's wife in the supermarket?

1 comment:

Agent of Renewal said...

Sounds like the introduction to a joke - so what did she do - cross the road to get to the other side?

hmmmmmm - RANDOM!!!