Friday, October 20, 2006

I love you

Last night I was visiting and calling some people, to say good-bye before we head off to Nairobi this morning. I was really touched as people seemed sincerely sad about us leaving. I heard some really nice comments like, "but you make me laugh every day - I'll be so sad when you're gone" or "but I will MISS you - 2 weeks is forever" or (my favourite) "Rochelle - I love you!" We have such a big, wonderful, caring family here in Zim - it is awesome. It's also just really nice when people share words of life with you. Oh, and don't worry - John's loved too. 3 of his friends came over last night to hang out with him, and they prayed for our trip. It was so kind. Oh man, a life of love is a life worth living (I know, I know, John - I should work for Hallmark!) :)

2 comments:

Charlie Chikankata said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Darren Hailes said...

I love you two, too! I pray you'll have an amazing vacation. Travel changes people, you know.

So you'll be changed when you return to Zim. And you'll practically different people when (if?) you come back to Canada!

I loved the old John and Rochelle but I think I'm gonna love even more, the people that God is shaping you to be through your experience in Africa.

God bless you!