Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Bright Skin and Food

John's been away for a couple of days in Guruve at a farmers' training workshop. You never know when some farming skills might come in handy! He unfortunately terrified a couple of young children with his bright white skin, but what can you do? He says they only cried and screamed for about 5 minutes.

Of course, with the main cook in the family gone, I had to step up to the plate. John makes a nice scrambled egg with onion. I gave it a try. It turned out more as onion with a big of egg, but hey. I also got quite creative and had a crepe without the crepe. I put some nutella (thanks Anita!) on a banana, and it tasted just like the inside of a crepe - just with the crepe part missing.

Speaking of food, I was talking with a lady on the way to work today. She was saying that their family has made a decision to starve themselves in order to build their retirement home. She thinks it's a good way to invest in the future. I asked, "how long do you have until you retire?" "More than 10 years." That's a long time to starve! Interesting times...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rochelle,
Your cooking skills are a riot. Memories of your stay with me in Montreal...and you devouring all my Swiss chocolate.

The bright skin thing made me laugh out loud :)