Monday, February 27, 2006

Some recommendations

I finished reading "Exile" by Ann Ireland. Highly recommended for
those of us who are "helpers." I was really humbled. It's about a
Latin American writer who is exiled to Canada and how his life in
Canada represents exile in so many different ways.

I also just read "A million little pieces" by James Frey. I know, I
know.. it's highly controversial, but it's a really good insight into
the life of someone trying to recover from addiction. It's insane! It
made me want to shake every kid/teenager I know and just say "don't
start! Seriously don't start!"

Oh, and we watched an amazing movie - "Water." Again, highly
controversial, but really thought-provoking (and depressing). I felt
like castrating every man alive (except for John) after that movie.
Doesn't that totally make you want to watch it? :) Seriously, watch
it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved WATER. I can't believe you just saw it. I can't wait to watch it again. Just put "Exile" on hold at the library - always love a good book. Half way through "A Million Pieces". Hey - this was worthwhile checking your blog today! See you Saturday. Love, A.Cathie

Diane Viere said...

Love...sticking your neck out! I just finished posting an entry on my blog regarding the value of James Frey's books. Thought I would do some blog-browsing on the topic. I enjoyed stopping in today...and will do so again. Feel free to do the same.

Diane