Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Trapped

Yesterday I went to the Humane Society to take a break from staring at this computer screen (and I was missing our bunnies). It made me feel so sad to see all of the cats just staring at me and mewing and looking so... trapped! And then on my way back I saw one of the sex trade workers in our neighbourhood. She was looking in a mirror and singing, "I hate everything about you..." And she looked so caged in and trapped. I actually wanted to punch the guy who was letting her out of his van - and I'm not the confrontational type.
 
This morning I walked to work (it takes just over an hour) and I was loving just being able to walk and breathe. I was listening to my gospel music and singing along and dancing a little bit. And I felt so very free. On the way here I met a lady from our church who has been an alocholic for most of her life. She told me she's been sober for 3 months. She smiled when she told me - and looked so very free. I also learned that she makes homemade chocolates. Yum.

No comments: