Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Such a rebel

Last night I went to youth choir at our church. I had an interesting conversation with one of the guys afterwards. He was saying that on Sunday all of the youth were asked by the corps officer (pastor) to stay behind after church (we weren't there - we were at Howard). The youth were then lectured on various things, but one was about dress. The corps officer was saying that he never wants to see one of the girls wearing trousers inside of the church building (i.e. for youth group or youth choir), because "it's not our culture." In fact, he said if he catches one of the girls even coming past the gate wearing trousers, the following Sunday he will call them up in front of the whole church and publicly humiliate them. He also mentioned that "John and Rochelle McAlister have a different culture, and a different way of doing things." He told the girls that I don't know any better, so it is ok for me to wear trousers, but others shouldn't be influenced by me. Well, I feel like a complete rebel! There are not too many times in my life where I have been mentioned in front of a whole crowd of people as being a bad influence!! Majoring in the minors...

By the way... congratulations to Billie-Marie and Curtis on the birth of Addison. She is such an adorable baby. Check out: abchunter.blogspot.com for pics.

No comments: