Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Millionaires


Well, I never thought I would see the day, but yesterday something incredible happened - John and I became millionaires. We got our first Zimbabwean "paycheque" (read: pile of cash) and between us, we made almost $14 million. Before coming here I had never even imagined seeing a million dollars, nevermind making millions. Of course, the experience was slightly less exciting when, on the ride home, I started to calculate what our salary would actually be in Canadian dollars... never mind. By the way, please don't start sending requests - we need the money for groceries!

2 comments:

Gordon said...

Great to see you blogging - it was lovely to meet you both and share time together on your way through. OUr prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

Lol! John and Rochelle, i have read your posts, but i am waiting to post, 'cos i am sure other people have interesting responses.

About electricity, welcome to AFRICA! More on this later. I am in the office and won't want to use the time for work, to post :)

Anyhoo, thanks for sharing your experiences. The one i enjoyed most was the one about the choir. Welcome to my world here :) Take care. More from me soon.

You know who this is.