Monday, January 23, 2006

A few things

Excellent thing: After many years of driving tests/lessons/trauma/drama, I got my full G license on Friday. Woohoo!
 
Frustrating thing: We heard last week that we should expect to wait another 6 months for our visas to Zimbabwe. ARGH!
 
Sad thing: A lot of people are in really unhappy marriages. I spoke with a friend the other day who has not spoken to her husband in 6 months (although they still live together). For a year before that she cried every day and he never once asked her if she was ok or if he could do anything to help.
 
Happy thing: I'm in a really happy marriage. 99% of the time I don't take it for granted. It's a treat and a privilege. I so scored John McAlister!
 
Happy thing #2: It's sunny out. I just walked around outside for an hour. I'm Canadian, so I know I'm supposed to be all patriotic about the winter, but I just really love the sun!
 
Interesting thing: Jesus preached mostly to an oppressed population and yet still called for not only forgiveness but repentance. This was likely because he did not want the oppressed to gain their freedom and liberty by using their pain to play the same power games and become the oppressors. That's deep!
 
Book thing: "Exclusion and Embrace" - Miroslav Volf (Excellent read - that's where I got the "interesting thing" from!)
 
Civic thing: It's federal election day - go on out and vote. And don't forget (not to influence too strongly)... Jack's our man! Vote for - not against!
 

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh I can so relate to #1.

how many tests I had to go through and how many dollars I have spent doing so. oy! The final pass is truly exciting.

Anonymous said...

I love you! That's basically it! (btw - green - 1st time ever - how weird is that??) A.Cathie