Thursday, April 20, 2006

Million Dollar Johnny

This afternoon we went to go see Johnny box. He's just taken up the
sport. I think I have an idea of what it must be like to be a mom,
because I felt so proud watching him hit the bag and spar and duck! He
looked so professional - at the young age of 11! I don't think I've
ever been to a boxing club before. I totally felt like I wanted to
jump in the ring and box my little heart out. Being fairly
(completely?) non-athletic, I always wondered if I would "discover" a
sport that I would be amazing at, and within a few short years of
training, be at the olympics. It hasn't happened yet, but I have never
tried boxing. Hmmm...

Speaking of Johnny. The other day we were talking about our LONG plane
ride to Harare. John was saying that he didn't know what he was going
to do for so long. And without hesitation, Johnny said, "you can have
my gameboy." I explained to him that we wouldn't be able to give it
back to him, and he said, "I know." What a sweetie. We love Johnny so
much - man, we're going to miss that kid!

No comments: