Saturday, October 22, 2005

Fund-raiser a big success

Tonight was a great night!
 
My choir (the University of Toronto Gospel Choir) teamed up with The Salvation Army North Toronto band for a concert. We made music, glorified God and fund-raised just under $3500. The money will go to the Howard Hospital - a Salvation Army hospital in Zimbabwe caring for people living with HIV/AIDS (by the way - did you know that 1 in 4 Zimbabweans is HIV+?).
 
I love my choir so much (ayyyy!) They have meant so much to me as my extended family for the last 6 years. Props to sopranos (of course), but also altos and tenors. I love you guys!
 
**
P.S. Happy Birthday to my beautiful friend Anita! Anita is a godly, fun, compassionate and creative person. She is also a very dear friend of mine. Anita and Bram (also an amazing person and good friend) are in Salvation Army training college - meaning that they're being trained to be Salvation Army officers (pastors). They're going to be awesome at this!!! Having good friends has to be one of life's most wonderful treasures.

No comments: