Tuesday, October 28, 2008

More than a doll

We went to our last pre-natal class last night. They taught us to swaddle babies and bathe babies and breastfeed babies and attend to babies' (minor) medical needs (John asked about a gushing leg wound and they said just to go straight to emergency for that!) I got really emotional with the doll - talking to him and wanting to hug him. I can't imagine what I'll be like with our own son. It's just so amazing to imagine that he will be us - a part of us and with us forever. Ah, God is good.

1 comment:

Renee said...

AAWWW!!! You'll be a wonderful Mom and Dad. Just remember a wound to the head always bleeds the worst, whether it be a big ouchie or little. You'll know when it really hurts because the scream that they make will bring tears to your eyes. Don't worry John you will know, trust me I have three. My 7 year old has fallen into a table, gaining 3 stiches, and recently walked behind a swinging golf club that gave him a pea size hole in his lip, gaining 4 more stiches. I'm pretty sure we are not done with visits to the ER, but I do pray that we are done..Oh do we get to see pictures of you pregnant? And I can't wait to see that cute little boy in pictures when he arrives. Best Wishes